You all know how I feel about vegan coconut bacon. And the 3+ batches of creamy avocado hummus I’ve devoured in the last couple of weeks. And using naan in “naantraditional” ways. <– Ha, see what I did there?
This open-faced vegan BLT naanwich was bound to happen and I’m so glad it did.While this isn’t a perfect imitation of a BLT (obviously), it’s got a nice smoky, salty flavor from the coconut bacon and the creaminess of the avocado hummus is a winning combination.
I used spinach in place of lettuce because, well, nutrients. And added some basil which really took the whole thing to the next level. Also, I’ve not tried it yet, but I bet this whole situation would be delicious with a fried egg on top. If you’re not a vegan.
If you happen to make the hummus and coconut bacon ahead of time, this is a 5 minutes or under type of meal situation. My favorite.
- 4 mini (or 2 regular) naan breads
- 1 cup avocado hummus
- 1 cup coconut bacon
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 big handful spinach, roughly chopped
- 3-5 basil leaves, stacked, rolled up, and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Warm the naan bread in the toaster for a few minutes while you assemble the other ingredients.
- Spread about a quarter cup of hummus on each mini naan bread.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Divide the mixture evenly between the naan.
For avocado hummus recipe: http://www.peachandplenty.com/creamy-avocado-hummus/