The only thing better than edamame hummus (in my opinion) is spicy edamame hummus. While not as creamy as this avocado and chickpea version, this Spicy Edamame Hummus has it’s own merits.
Deep, smoky, spicy flavor balanced with a little brightness from the lime juice. It’s the perfect accompaniment to crisp veggies or crunchy pita chips. As always, the avocado takes everything to the next level.
While it’s definitely best the day you make it, this can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for a few days. I’d recommend storing it with plastic wrap right on the surface so the avocado doesn’t discolor.
- 2½ tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small or ½ large avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ to 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 3 green onions
- handful cilantro
- 1½ cups shelled edamame, cooked according to package instructions
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until completely combined. Taste and adjust flavors according to your preference. I liked a little more lime juice and salt.
- Serve with veggies or pita chips.