Which is actually really difficult insomuch as my real, legitimate, income-generating full time job has been crazy these past few weeks. Crazy with a capital C.
Fortunately, these burgers are not only a delicious blend of spicy, juicy, and cheesy, they are also super fast and easy to make. Which leaves me more time to tend to the rest of my life.
And by “tending the rest of my life”, I mean having a nervous breakdown because there are 18 million things I need to do in order to be a real person and do my real job and all I really want to do is talk about these cheese stuffed burgers and pretend that it’s still July.
- 1 pound ground turkey thighs
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced + 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 cranks of black pepper
- 5 pieces of sharp cheddar cheese, approximately 1 inch square and ½ inch deep
- burger buns
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, onion, chipotles, adobo sauce, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper using clean hands to mix everything together.
- Form five equal balls out of the turkey mixture and then divide each ball into two equal halves. Use your hands to shape the halves until patties and then place the cheddar cheese squares on five. Place the other five halves over the cheddar and use your hands to seal the patties. I try to flatten the patties as best I can without exposing any of the cheese since they tend to shrink up a bit as they cook.
- Grill the burgers in a preheated barbecue over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked.
- Serve on whole wheat buns with lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayonnaise. If you're feeling crazy, mix the mayo with a little more adobo sauce.